Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chicken House @ Ampang

 Eh.. I thought the title is Chicken House.. Why am I featuring pork knuckle here.. 
We were told this is one of the house specialty, and so we ordered one. It came with the lettuce and sauce for wrapping. This dish cost RM80. Kinda pricy for us.
The meat is cold. Cooked in spices and then leave it to marinate. I find the meat's texture a bit too powdery and dry. Taste wise it is actually good. We couldn't finish the big portion. When we pack it back home and dip the meat with Sabah hot chili sauce, it was great.
 Of course we can't miss ordering the chicken. It was actually quite pricy for a fried chicken dish. So it is more worth it to try those that comes with sauce, as that's more of their specialty. But since PL wanted the dry type, we gave in and ordered half spicy sauce and the other half plain. I think this cost around RM50 or so.
 To tell the truth, I wouldn't rave over this. But it is not a bad experience either. The service was ok. The lady owner was quite amicable.
I read in other blogs the hot pot is good too. I would probably come back again to try the others on the menu.

If you too want to try it too? The shop is located on the 2nd floor. Address as below:
Ampang Putra Residency, 5-L2, Jalan Ampang Putra, Taman Putra Sulaiman, 68000 Ampang, Kuala Lumpur

No comments: