Sunday, October 21, 2007

Quickie: Durian desserts @ Yik Kee Restaurant

Now... you don't really have to love durian. I am one of those that are indifferent to durian. Still, I enjoyed the desserts very much. In fact, I think I have overdosed on this indulgence during my stay in Genting.

Cantonese-English Translation
Yik - benefit
Kee - record or story

Location: Gohtong Jaya, Pahang
Rating: Very good

Review
For durian lover, the "bomb" will be their favourite. The skin is fragrant and slightly crispy with a soft hint of spice. Despite the fragrant skin, the inner filling carried the pungent aroma of durian. It is not too sweet or soft. You can savor substance in them.
The next famous dessert is the durian tart. It looks like the egg tart with crusty skin. The filling has less substance and more creamy. The tart is less pungent compared to da bomb. Fair.. Again it is not too sweet.For those of you that find Genting becoming less and less cool, the durian ice-cream may help to soothe the heat. This has least durian aroma and of course even much more creamier.The best part is that the owner is wise enough to use local durian that offers more fragrance and fuller taste. As much as I don't fancy durian, I find the desserts interesting. Definitely something to try if you are in Gohtong Jaya.

No comments: