Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Restoran Jai Hind

Having shared with you my experience of South Indian food from the previous blog, I now share with you my experiance of North Indian food, also somewhere in Masjid Jamek area. I reckon it's not surprising as this is Little India of Kuala Lumpur.
The chef is preparing one of the specialty - chappathi.

Among the many choices of accompaniments (curries, veges, meats, etc)

Location: Jalan Melayu, near Masjid Jamek, Kuala Lumpur
Rating: Good

Review
The chapatthi here is softer and more chewy. Chapatthi wise, this place is better then Sangeetha.
Another famous choice of rothi (bread) is the "naan". I love the texture of crunchy at the outside and soft+chewy in the inside. The rothi is very fragrant. Best eaten when warm. Yummy!
Best of all, you have the freedom to choose the type of accompaniments that you like. You can have simple chutney with dhal and green peas sauce.
Or even healthier choice of pickled vege (though the combination is a bit odd :P)
By the look of it, you would know this is my choice of accompaniments. It goes to show how hungry I am. The chicken meat is very tender and fragrant with spices. The tofu is sweet and tasty. Mixing the raitha (yogurt with pickled vege) with rothi (breads be it chapatthi or naan) is good. Find peace with peas.. hahaha.... Can't explain why, everytime I am there, this peas dish tend to induce me to take it.Noted many people like to take this vege too. I wouldn't say it is something special, but I guess it is a healthier choice.And the most famous among my friends is this - "Chicken Parattal". Again the meat is very tender and the spices used is just right, not too overpowering.Haha... And mu usual lassi. This time it is mango lassi. Love the thick and creamy lassi.

No comments: