Monday, November 19, 2007

Quickie: Uncle Yeong's Curry Puff

Last time, when I was working in Wisma Sime Darby, I used to love Mondays and Fridays. I know you would say "Fridays I can understand, but Mondays???". Haha... These are the days that Uncle Yeong would come at about 11am and sell his infamous curry puffs and doughnuts. That is until I found out where is his port. That's when Mondays became less meaningful.


Location: Off Jalan Tun HS Lee & Jalan Tun Perak, Masjid Jamek Area, Kuala Lumpur

Rating: Very good


Review
By looking at this chart you should be able to deduce that Uncle Yeong is quite a curry puff expert.I have bought myself a big fat curry puff with egg that cost me only RM1. The beauty of this is the generosity of Uncle Yeong. hehe... You can find chicken meat and half an egg in each of these curry puff. The curry aroma is not too overpowering but spicy enough. It is hot and the skin is not too thick. I know there are some curry puffs sold at Rm1.50 to RM2.50 because of its size and very thick and crunchy skin. I know being able to make a crunchy layered skin is an art. But I am not willing to pay that much for a thick skin curry puff with tasteless (and substance-less) fillings. I prefer this. Substance counts..

4 comments:

février said...

oh gosh that looks so nice o.o
hey u posted this a day before my bday! xD
thanks for posting :D
looks so yummy

Ping said...

Whops.. Happy belated birthday my dear.
If you have a chance, be sure to try the hot curry puff.

Unknown said...

Uncle get stroke, d curry puff stall temporary closed down.

Ping said...

oh no... I hope Uncle get well soon.. I was there a month or 2 ago, stall was still operating then.